(art. 2,17 and 9,15 Royal Decree 09/06/1999)
In case of an artist with an international reputation who performs in several countries, there is no need to apply for an authorisation if the stay in Belgium is limited to 90 days.
In the other cases, the type of authorisation for a performing artist depends on their remuneration and the duration of the employment in Belgium.
The performing artist will make at least 34,819 euros*. They will work in Belgium for more than 90 days.
*Rémunération minimale en cas de demande en 2019
The performing artist will make at least 34,819 euros*. They will work in Belgium for maximum 90 days.
*Minimal remuneration for an application filed in 2019
The performing artist has an international reputation. The internationally famous performing artist and their attendants, of whom the presence is required for the performance, will work in Belgium for maximum 90 days.
Direction de la Migration économique
Bd du Jardin Botanique, 20
E Contact form
T +32 (0)2 204 13 99
Counters, Work permits
CCN - Brussels-North station
Rue du Progrès 80
open Monday to Friday from 8.45 am to 11.45 am
The counters will be closed on 15th and 16th of August 2019.
Federal, Flanders, Wallonia
- Cooperation agreement on the coordination of the policies with regard to granting employment authorisations and residence permits, as well as the norms pertaining to the employment and residence of foreign workers
- Law dated 30 April 1999 on the employment of foreign workers
- Royal decree dated 5 July 2018
- Royal decree dated 9 June 1999 implementing the law dated 30 April 1999 with regard to employing foreign workers
- Decree of the Brussels-Capital Government dated 16 May 2019 amending the Royal Decree of 9 June 1999 implementing the Law of 30 April 1999 on the employment of foreign workers with regard to admission to work for activities carried out within the framework of a transfer within a company, a seasonal worker, a researcher, an intern, a volunteer, or within the framework of the European Blue Card
- Royal decree dated 2 September 2018 implementing the law dated 9 May 2018 with regard to the employment of foreign nationals in a specific residence situation