Looking to expand outside of the European Union?
- Either new markets, i.e. markets in which the company's sales do not exceed 10% of its total turnover;
- Or declining markets, i.e. markets in which the company's sales have declined in two consecutive years and by at least 20% in the last two years.
- Business travel undertaken for market reconnaissance, to select importers or intermediaries or to make contact with foreign agents or buyers;
- Taking part in trade missions, conferences, contact days or seminars which may have a positive impact on the company's export business;
- The assistance of a third party in order to canvass on foreign markets. The third party should have a minimum of two years' professional experience and be able to demonstrate their reputation by providing a list of legitimate references. It should be independent from the recipient of the subsidy;
- Registration, accreditation and certification on foreign markets for the purposes of marketing products or services.
|Subsidy for canvassing outside of the EU |
|Percentage of the subsidy||50% of the costs|
|Estimated minimum costs||€2,000|
|Maximum subsidy||€20,000 / calendar year|
|Maximum number of subsidies||5 subsidies / calendar year|
 The sums stated exclude VAT.
- A detailed report on the trip taken, in particular describing local contacts made, the prospects for opportunities identified and the next steps to be taken;
- The travel ticket(s) and proof of payment of this (or them) from a company account;
- The invoice(s) relating to hotel stay(s) and proof of payment of this (or them) from a company account;
- The documentary evidence of any other eligible actual expenditure (invoices and proofs of payment);
- In the event of assistance from a third party, the CV of this person and a list of references.
- The duly completed and signed special form  ;
- A detailed description of the project ;
- A supporting argument by the company.
Once the company has applied for a subsidy, it is permitted to continue its project without waiting for the decision. If unsuccessful, the company will have to bear the costs incurred itself.
 In particular, you should outline your business plan for promoting foreign trade of which the initiative for which you are applying for a subsidy is a part.
When completing the application form, we recommend that you save it to your computer before opening it. That way, you will not risk losing the data you enter.
To complete the form, you must have Adobe Acrobat Reader version 8.1.2 or later. To download the latest version, click here.
If you are using a Mac, ensure that you open the file with Adobe Reader (and not the Mac PDF reader).
- Part I: company's contact details and financial information;
- Part II: information about the project in relation to which you are applying for a financial subsidy;
- Part III: declaration on honour, to be signed, testifying that the information provided is accurate.
- by post :
Administration of Economy and Employment, Direction des Aides aux Entreprises
Boulevard du Jardin Botanique, 20
- or by e-mail :
email@example.com, not forgetting to sign the last page.
If you send your application by e-mail, please do not send a copy by post.
- the regulations,
- available brochures and
- annual reports on grants for companies