Activation measures for job seekers
The Brussels-Capital Region draws up the regulations concerning the measures in favour of specific groups of employees and employers. Several categories of employment seekers entitled to benefits can receive a benefit from the National Employment Office (ONEM/ RVA) when they are hired. Consequently, the salary due for these persons is reduced, which constitutes an incentive for hiring them.
The target group policy consists of:
- on the one hand a reduction of the employer's social security contributions destined for specific groups of employees and employers and
- on the other hand activation benefits for specific groups of employees.
What employees are entitled to a National Employment Office benefit?
- long term job seekers :
- ACTIVA for disabled persons,
- Professional transition programmes,
- Social integration economy ("SINE"),
- young job seekers
How to benefit from these measures?
Please consult the NSSO and ACTIRIS websites for more information about the various employment measures and the available benefits. There you will find the conditions, what steps to take in order to obtain the necessary certificate, information about the payment of the activation benefits, etc. The National Employment Office is the administrative and technical operator with regard to this matter.