An employment permit and type-B work permit can only be granted for jobs and people who do not fall into the above mentioned categories (except article 9, article 38 quater or article 38 septies) if a qualified person cannot be found in Belgium. Furthermore, these people must be nationals of countries that Belgium is allied with through international employment agreements. However, the regional Ministry may waive the above mentioned conditions in individual cases for economic or social reasons.
- Required application documents for private servants (.pdf) (47K)
- Required application documents for other workers (.pdf) (45K).
Forms for other cases:
- Application form (.pdf) (618K) (FR) to employ a foreign national
- Information sheet for foreign nationals wishing to apply for a type-B work permit (.pdf) (678K) (FR), signed by the mayor of the commune in which the applicant resides
- Employment contract in accordance with the stipulations of Article 12 of the Royal Decree of 9 June 1999 (.pdf) (493K) (FR)
- Medical certificate for a foreign national (.pdf) (869K) (FR) issued by a doctor approved by the Belgian embassy in the foreign national's home country
Additional form for private servants
Document on the benefits in kind (.pdf) (368K) signed by the employer and the employee
This section applies to employees who work in the Brussels-Capital Region (type-B permit of blue card) or who reside in the Brussels-Capital Region (type-A permit or type-C permit).
Direction de la Migration économique
Bd du Jardin Botanique, 20
E Contact form
T +32 (0)2 204 13 99
Counters, Work permits
open Monday to Friday from 8.45 am to 11.45 am
Map to the counters