Obligations for campsites
To run a campsite, you have to meet the following conditions.
- the general conditions for running any tourist accommodation;
- The specific conditions
For a comprehensive view, consult Appendix 6 of the decree, of which an extract only is given here.
A campsite is an open-air space to welcome campers.
- The campsite is located in a healthy place.
- It is in good condition as regards hygiene, safety and general maintenance.
- It contains collective bathroom facilities:
- separate for men and women
- at least one bathroom facility accessible to disabled people
- fitted with electric lighting if accessible during the night.
- These bathroom facilities contain at least:
- a toilet fitted with a seat with rim and flush
- a urinal with flush
- a washbasin with mirror and shelf
- a shower with drinking water
- a toilet waste outlet.
- The campsite has:
- a bar or restaurant that is open whenever the campsite is open
- water and electricity connections, including to each plot not reserved for tents
- a nursing station
- parking places
- refuse collection equipment and an internal, enclosed sewerage network.