Conditions and obligations for social tourism accommodation centres
To run a social tourism accommodation centre, you have to meet the following conditions.
- the general conditions for running any tourist accommodation;
- The specific conditions
For a comprehensive view, consult Appendix 1 of the decree, of which an extract only is given here.
Use our online tool to find your way around the obligations corresponding to your situation.
A social tourism accommodation centre is a non-profit establishment that offers accommodation in a bedroom or a dormitory. It provides hotel-type services and offers entertainment.
Management, guests and prices
- The accommodation is managed by an organisation that does not aim to make a profit.
- The accommodation is reserved for members of the managing organisation.
- The prices charged are affordable and lower than the average prices charged in the hotel sector for equivalent accommodation.
- A reception is accessible every weekday.
- The establishment provides hotel-type services (for example, breakfast, beds changed, rooms cleaned, caretaker, reception).
- It also offers entertainment or programmes to explore the region, designed to develop contacts between tourists from different countries and backgrounds in the context of social, inclusive tourism.
- The sheets are changed every week.
- The accommodation is in good condition as regards hygiene, safety and general maintenance.
- It has individual and family bedrooms.
- The accommodation has:
- a restaurant
- a bar
- a communal relaxation area
- a laundry
- household appliances like an electric kettle and a microwave
- an area with internet access and the possibility to print.
- The bedrooms are clearly identified and have a lock on the door.
- They contain:
- beds (with mattress, mattress cover, pillows and bedding)
- electric lighting
- a window equipped with opaque curtains, and sheer curtains or equipment with a similar function when there is a possibility of people looking in
- a ventilation system when the windows cannot be opened
- a table
- as many chairs as the announced capacity.
- The bathroom has:
- a washbasin with drinking water
- electric lighting
- a window or ventilation grid
- a bath or a shower
- a mirror
- a small waste bin.
Download the full list of equipment required to correspond to the ‘social tourism accommodation centre' category