Conditions to be met when opening a branch
- Travel agencies are required to give notification of any changes affecting any aspect of their application for a permit (e.g. the fact of opening a branch of the business), or of the supporting documents, by registered letter, within one month of the change occurring.
- The amount of the guarantee put up by the applicant, whether a natural person or a legal entity, must be increased when a new branch is opened involving an increase in the number of employees, at the latest by the end of the month of July following the opening of the branch.
Download the template for surety bond in French - in Dutch.
For companies that mainly sell package trips or stays through other travel agencies, the amount of the surety :
- For 20 employees at most, is 50,000 euros increased by 25,000 euros per increment of 10 employees
The amount of the surety depends on the number of employees :
- from 0 to 2 employees: the amount of the surety is 10,000 euros;
- from 3 to 5 employees: the amount of the surety is 15,000 euros;
- from 6 to 10 employees: the amount of the surety is 20,000 euros;
- more than 10 employees: the amount of the surety is 25,000 euros, increased by 7500 euros per branch.