This service supports the economic development of the Brussels-Capital Region. The Economy Department consists of around 100 staff.
- offers subsidies for business in Brussels. Under certain conditions, it provides investment grants and informal subsidies (allocated outside any legal framework)
- helps Brussels companies to expand into international markets
- organises Central Jury examinations for accessing certain professions and provides advice to accredited enterprise counters
- provides support for businesses in the agri-food sector
- grants authorizations to travel agencies
- registers tourist accommodation in the Brussels-Capital Region
- controls business subsidies, travel agencies, licenses for firearms and ammunition, access to the profession, itinerant trade as well as tourist accommodation
The controls are carried out by the Directorate for Economic Inspection.
Key annual figures
- Over 5,600 requests for support examined
- over 33 million euro of subsidies granted
- 242 travel agencies authorized in the Brussels-Capital Region
- 4,000 samples of food products analysed by Brucefo
- Informal subsidies granted to a total value of around 11,5 million euros
- 1,500 companies monitored