Authorizations for non-European employees and self-employed

Do you wish to employ a foreign worker? Are you a national of a non-European country? Under certain conditions, the Brussels-Capital Region grants foreign nationals the opportunity to work as a self-employed person or as an employee.

For employers and employees

In general, a work permit needs to be requested in order to employ a non-European citizen. If the application is approved, the foreign national will receive a permit.

The regulation regarding these permits changed.

Apply for an employment permit

For self-employed persons

Apply for a professional card

Useful links Useful links

  • Starting a business
  • Job seeking
  • Trainings
  • Mobility
Check our useful links.