Recently, the websites of Brussels Economy Employment and Brussels Invest & Export have become fully responsive. This means it does no longer matter whether you are surfing with a PC, laptop or smartphone: the new websites automatically adapt to the screen size of the device you are using.
The second major change is the new URL of the websites. The suffix ".irisnet.be" has disappeared and was replaced by ".brussels". From now on the URLs to remember are: www.economy-employment.brussels and www.invest-export.brussels.
News on service vouchers
Wanted : hackatons !
- You represent a non-profit organisation or a formal association, situated in the Brussels-Capital Region and active in the area of IT.
- You plan to organise a hackathon within the Brussels-Capital Region between 1 October and 31 December 2016.
- The hackathon will aim to contribute towards solving one of society's problems by enabling collaboration between programmers, all kinds of developers, and project managers, with a view to creating a software project.
- You can submit your grant application with the Brussels Regional Public Service, before 15/09/2016.
Small Business Act: 77 specific measures for SME's and self-employed
The SBA aims to create a business friendly environment, to improve access to financing, to focus on diversity, to improve relations between SME's and the Brussels capital region and to support businesses through societal evolutions.The plan is the fruit of months of consultation with the various economic operators and the public services that are active on that domain.
Tourist accommodation: in force as of 24/04/2016
Call for projects
All information about the calls for projects (in French or in Dutch)
Facultative subsidies - calls for projects
Facultative subsidies: eight thematic calls for projects will be launched in 2016 !
rue du Progrès/Vooruitgangsstraat 80, 1035 Brussels.
Brussels Business Days : Entrepreneurs have the floor !
Since the beginning of February, a dialogue between Didier GOSUIN, the Minister of Economy, and the Brussels entrepreneurs is taking place on social networks.
These exchanges will provide input for thematic workshops. Register now for the Brussels Business Days: you will be able to express your practical needs there.
Consult our website to discover the event programme.
New measure for long-term residents
Discover Brussels Economy and Employment on 4/10
At Boulevard du Jardin botanique, 20 in 1000 Brussels.
- Ready to become a freelancer or entrepreneur? Evaluate your management skills during an exam simulation.
- Find out more about agriculture in Brussels.
Quiz about agriculture in Brussels with the chance to win a basket of Brussels products and tasting of crickets from Brussels.
- Are you interested in taking part in an economic mission? Come and meet the staff members of Brussels Invest & Export.
- Discover the projects selected in the frame of the new ERDF 2014-2020 programme financed jointly by Europe and the Region.
- Find out all you need to know about Brussels Regional Public Service's job offers, our professions, the Brussels Regional Public Service's diversity policy and how to apply.
- How is the regional tax collected and how is it used in the regional budget? An interactive and educational itinerary will be available.
Private employment agencies and travel agencies
Submit your activity report or the required statistics
Private employment agencies
A paid leave to take training courses
Two business funds
Economic activity in Brussels
Access to the profession
Central examining board
For all questions and in order to register your company at the Crossroads Bank for Enterprises , please contact an enterprise counter.
You do not hold the required degree or do not have sufficient professional experience that allow you to prove basic management skills or professional competence? In that case you need to pass an exam before registering your company at the Crossroads Bank for Enterprises.
You can register for the exams at the Brussels Economy and Employment website.
Please consult the Brussels Economy and Employment website in order to apply for a licence.
Non-European self-employed workers
Please consult the Brussels Economy and Employment website in order to apply for an occupation card.
Subsidies for companies on Metrotime
- Les entreprises bruxelloises peuvent compter sur une prime quand elles investissent dans leur sécurisation
- Bruxelles Économie et Emploi soutient les petites entreprises en cas de perte de revenus
- La Région de Bruxelles-Capitale soutient les projets « verts » des entreprises
- La Région Bruxelles-Capitale soutient l'économie sociale
- Brusselse bedrijven kunnen rekenen op een premie bij beveiligingsinvesteringen
- Brussel Economie en Werkgelegenheid ondersteunt kleine ondernemingen bij verlies van inkomen
- Het Brussels Hoofdstedelijk Gewest ondersteunt groene projecten van lokale ondernemingen
- Het Brussels Hoofdstedelijk Gewest steunt de sociale economie