If non-European workers come to Belgium for an internship, there are certain cases in which they must apply with Brussels Economy and Employment for an authorisation. The type of authorisation they need to request varies according to the duration of the employment in Belgium and the context of the internship.

Who employs the intern?


Does this not apply to you? 
Check the page "Other case".

Contact Contact

Covid-19 measures

Contact us by e-mail only and send your dossier by e-mail.
More information


Brussels Economy and Employment
Direction de la Migration économique
Bd du Jardin Botanique, 20
1035 Brussels
E Contact form
T +32 (0)2 204 13 99

Counters, Work permits

CCN - Brussels-North station
Rue du Progrès 80
1030 Brussels
Attention: our counters are closed until further notice due to the Covid-19 measures

Map to the counters

Federal, Flanders, Wallonia

Regulation Regulation