Other case


Does the non-European worker applicant not fall under any of the situations mentioned on the previous page?

Then you can only obtain a single permit or work permit (worker) and an employment authorisation (employer):

  • if it proves impossible to find a qualified worker on the Brussels labour market and
  • if the worker is a national of a state with which Belgium has an international agreement with regard to employing workers (Algeria, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Kosovo, Republic of Macedonia, Montenegro, Morocco, Serbia, Tunisia, Turkey).

However, the regional minister can override these requirements for individual cases that are worth considering for economic or social reasons during an appeal procedure.

The type of authorisation that needs to be requested depends on the duration of the employment in Belgium.

The non-European worker will work in Belgium for more than 90 days.

Apply for a single permit

The non-European worker will work in Belgium for maximum 90 days.

Apply for a work permit

(In case of successive jobs without any interruption, the previous periods are taken into account to calculate the 90 days. If the 90 days are exceeded, see procedure single permit.)

Contact Contact

Covid-19 measures

Contact us by e-mail only and send your dossier by e-mail.
More information


Brussels Economy and Employment
Direction de la Migration économique
Bd du Jardin Botanique, 20
1035 Brussels
E Contact form
T +32 (0)2 204 13 99

Counters, Work permits

CCN - Brussels-North station
Rue du Progrès 80
1030 Brussels
Attention: our counters are closed until further notice due to the Covid-19 measures

Map to the counters

Federal, Flanders, Wallonia

Regulation Regulation