Worker seconded in the context of a temporary intra-corporate transfer (ICT)
(Art. 2.36° and 9.1° of the RD of 09/06/1999)
If a non-European worker comes to work in the context of a temporary intra-corporate transfer, the need to obtain an authorisation and the type of authorisation to be applied for varies according to the worker's situation and the period they will work in Belgium.
Conditions for the worker to be "posted in the context of an ICT"
1) A company established outside the territory of the European Union temporarily posts a national of a non-EU country, for professional or training purposes, to an entity belonging to the same company or group, and situated in the Brussels Capital Region. The non-European national is bound to this company abroad by an employment contract before and during the transfer period.
2) The worker falls under one of the following three cases:
|ICT of a manager (Art. 24.1° of the Cooperation Agreement of 6/12/18)|
Function: senior management position, whose primary function is to manage the host entity (under the supervision or guidance of the board of directors or the shareholders of the company, or their equivalents). This function includes: managing the host entity or a service/section of the host entity; supervision and control of the work of other employees performing supervisory, managerial or technical functions; the authority to recommend hiring or dismissing staff or taking other staff-related measures.Duration of the stay in the European Union: 3 years maximum
|ICT of an expert (Art. 24.2° of the Cooperation Agreement of 6/12/18)|
| Function: an expert who has specialist knowledge and skills essential to the areas of activity, techniques or management of the host entity. In assessing this knowledge, the knowledge of the host entity and the high level of competence of the person will be taken into account (relevant professional experience for a type of work or activity requiring specific technical knowledge, possible professional affiliation). |
Duration of the stay in the European Union: 3 years maximum
Remuneration: minimum €43,176 (for applications in 2019), and €44,344 from 01/01/2020
Diploma: diploma having required 3 years of higher studies
|ICT of trainee employee (Art. 24.3° of the Cooperation Agreement of 6/12/18)|
| Function: the worker comes for training (training in business techniques or methods, professional development) because they will be performing a new function in the entity which has sent them |
Duration of the stay in the European Union: 1 year maximum
Remuneration: minimum €26,985 (for applications in 2019), and €27,715 from 01/01/2020
Diploma: diploma at least equivalent to a university Bachelor's degree
Contact us by e-mail only and send your dossier by e-mail.
Direction de la Migration économique
Bd du Jardin Botanique, 20
E Contact form
T +32 (0)2 204 13 99
Counters, Work permits
CCN - Brussels-North station
Rue du Progrès 80
Attention: our counters are closed until further notice due to the Covid-19 measures
Federal, Flanders, Wallonia
- Royal decree dated 16 May 2019
- Cooperation agreement on the coordination of the policies with regard to granting employment authorisations and residence permits, as well as the norms pertaining to the employment and residence of foreign workers
- Royal decree dated 5 July 2018
- Royal decree dated 9 June 1999 implementing the law dated 30 April 1999 with regard to employing foreign workers
- Royal decree dated 2 September 2018 implementing the law dated 9 May 2018 with regard to the employment of foreign nationals in a specific residence situation