If non-European workers come to Belgium for training, there are certain cases in which they must apply with Brussels Economy and Employment for an authorisation. The type of authorisation they need to request varies according to the duration of the employment in Belgium.
Select the situation:
- Training in Belgium, taking no longer than six months, in the framework of a sales contract (art. 9.10)
- Training at the Belgian office of a multinational company.
- an employee of a company established in a member state of the European Economic Area or
- a national of a member state of the OECD or
- a national of a state with which Belgium has an international agreement with regard to employing workers. (art. 2.29 and 9.18)
Contact us by e-mail only and send your dossier by e-mail.
Direction de la Migration économique
Bd du Jardin Botanique, 20
E Contact form
T +32 (0)2 204 13 99
Counters, Work permits
CCN - Brussels-North station
Rue du Progrès 80
Attention: our counters are closed until further notice due to the Covid-19 measures
Federal, Flanders, Wallonia
- Cooperation agreement on the coordination of the policies with regard to granting employment authorisations and residence permits, as well as the norms pertaining to the employment and residence of foreign workers
- Law dated 30 April 1999 on the employment of foreign workers