Application for regularisation of stay submitted between 15 September 2009 and 15 December 2009 and for which the Office des Etrangers has made such regularisation dependent on the award of a type-B work permit
Employers can hire foreign nationals who applied for their stay in Belgium to be regularised between 15 September 2009 and 15 December 2009 and for which the Office des Etrangers (Foreign Nationals Office) has made such regularisation dependent on the award of a type-B work permit.
In some circumstances the regional authorities may issue employment permits and type-B work permits for foreign nationals who have applied to have their stay in Belgium regularised on the basis of point 2.8.B of the Directive of 19 July 2009, provided the application was not submitted between 15 September 2009 and 15 December 2009 (Art. 1 of the Royal Decree of 7 October 2009 (FR/NL)).
Note: to benefit from the stipulations of the above Royal Decree of 7 October 2009 the application for an employment permit must be submitted within three months of the date of sending by the Office des Etrangers of the registered letter notifying the person concerned that he or she is eligible for regularisation of stay by means of the award of a type-B work permit. Otherwise, point 3 "Exceptional cases" above applies.
Forms for regularising a stay in Belgium
- Specific permit request for a foreign national – to regularise a stay in Belgium(.pdf) (595K) (FR)
- Contents of the specific employment contract as part of regularising a stay in Belgium (.pdf) (142K)
- Specific employment contract as part of regularising a stay in Belgium (.pdf) (205K) (FR)
- Medical certificate for a foreign national (.pdf) (869K) (FR)
Applications for a renewal
- General permit request(.pdf) (618K) (FR) for a foreign national - NOT specifically to regularise a stay in Belgium
- Contents of the employment contract "Article 12 of Royal Decreed 9 June 1999" (.pdf) (144K) (FR)
- Employment contract in accordance with the stipulations of Article 12 of the Royal Decree of 9 June 1999 (.pdf) (493K) (FR) - NOT specifically to regularise a stay in Belgium
This section applies to employees who work in the Brussels-Capital Region (type-B permit of blue card) or who reside in the Brussels-Capital Region (type-A permit or type-C permit).
Direction de la Migration économique
Bd du Jardin Botanique, 20
E Contact form
T +32 (0)2 204 13 99
Counters, Work permits
CCN - Brussels-North station
Rue du Progrès 80
open Monday to Friday from 8.45 am to 11.45 am
Map to the counters
Federal, Flanders, Wallonia
- Cooperation agreement on the coordination of the policies with regard to granting employment authorisations and residence permits, as well as the norms pertaining to the employment and residence of foreign workers
- Royal decree dated 5 July 2018
- Royal decree dated 9 June 1999 implementing the law dated 30 April 1999 with regard to employing foreign workers
- Royal decree dated 2 September 2018 implementing the law dated 9 May 2018 with regard to the employment of foreign nationals in a specific residence situation