Single permit application
Highly qualified seconded worker / Seconded director - more than 90 days in Belgium
(art. 9,6 and 9,7 royal decree 9 June 1999)
If the duration of the employment in Belgium exceeds 90 days (in case of successive jobs without any interruption, the previous periods are taken into account to calculate the 90 days), you need to submit the following documents:
Period of validity of the employment autorisation
The authorisation is issued for the duration of the employment contract or the secondment (see contract or engagement letter), with a maximum duration of three years. In case of a mission of more than one year, the employer must provide a few documents that prove the authorisation conditions are still being met.
This concerns you if the yearly remuneration of the worker exceeds the following amount should you file your application in 2019:
- director: 69,637 euros (seconded: 5,803.08 euros x 12; NSSO in Belgium: 5,002.66 euros x 13.92),
- highly qualified worker: 41,739 euros (seconded: 3,478.25 euros x 12; NSSO in Belgium: 2,998.49 euros x 13,92).
If that is not the case, see this page.
Should you file your application in 2020:
- director: 71.521 euros (seconded: 5,960,08 euros x 12; NSSO in Belgium: 5.138 euros x 13.92),
- highly qualified worker: 42.869 euros (seconded: 3.572,42 euros x 12; NSSO in Belgium: 3.079,67 euros x 13,92).
What is the procedure?
The procedure takes four months at most from the moment Brussels Economy and Employment has the complete file until the single permit is delivered / the rejection is notified.
Contact us by e-mail only and send your dossier by e-mail.
Direction de la Migration économique
Bd du Jardin Botanique, 20
E Contact form
T +32 (0)2 204 13 99
Counters, Work permits
CCN - Brussels-North station
Rue du Progrès 80
Attention: our counters are closed until further notice due to the Covid-19 measures
Federal, Flanders, Wallonia
- Cooperation agreement on the coordination of the policies with regard to granting employment authorisations and residence permits, as well as the norms pertaining to the employment and residence of foreign workers
- Law dated 30 April 1999 on the employment of foreign workers