- submit a declaration dossier prior to starting up, in order to be registered in one of the categories stipulated by the regulations;
- meet certain conditions.
The benefits? Once your file is complete and has been validated, Brussels Economy and Employment will allocate you a registration number. You receive a logo, which is to be displayed near the entrance to your accommodation, and you can use certain terms.
It is only when your accommodation has been registered that you can start to run it. Every tourist accommodation situated in the Brussels Capital Region must be registered.
- What do you do as an operator?
Use our online tool to find your way around the obligations corresponding to your situation.
You can also consult the following headings:
- your accommodation is located in the Brussels-Capital Region
- you make a charge for your accommodation
- the persons to whom you offer accommodation
- are travelling, for private or professional purposes
- stay there for a minimum of one night and a maximum of 90 days
Some of these conditions apply to all candidate operators and to all operators; other conditions are specific depending on the category of tourist accommodation in question.
1) Consult the conditions to be met by all operators.
2.1) Identify your profile
2.2)Read more information on …
- additional conditions to run homestay accommodation
- additional conditions to run furnished tourist accommodation
- additional conditions to run a tourist residence
- additional conditions to run a hotel
- additional conditions to run an aparthotel
- additional conditions to run a social tourism accommodation centre
- additional conditions to run a campsite
Submit a prior declaration dossier.
- You run a homestay accommodation facility and a tourist residence.
You have to meet the conditions and fill in a 'prior declaration' dossier for the homestay accommodation and you have to meet the conditions and fill in a 'prior declaration' dossier for the tourist residence.
- You run a single establishment. This consists of a hotel or furnished tourist accommodation.
You have to meet the conditions and fill in a 'prior declaration' dossier for the hotel and you have to meet the conditions and fill in a 'prior declaration' dossier for the furnished tourist accommodation.
- Certain data or information alters or you modify your accommodation
In some cases, you have to submit an application to modify your registration.
- You transfer the tourist accommodation to another operator
The transferee has to make another «prior declaration» with a view to registration.
- You stop running tourist accommodation temporarily or permanently
You have to inform Brussels Economy and Employment by recorded delivery and return your plate bearing the logo identifying your category to the administration.
Find out more about the inspections and penalties.
- guarantee better safety in tourist accommodation in Brussels
- introduce fairer competition among the various operators
- ensure better consumer information and
- contribute towards the fight against the housing crisis for the people of the Region.
Good to know: tax obligations
The managers have to meet their tax obligations, both on regional and on federal level.
This is not a competency of Brussels Economy and Employment. For more information regarding the regional tax, please check the website of Brussels Taxation. With regard to the income tax, please contact the Federal Public Service Finance. You can also contact your federation.
Bruxelles Economie et Emploi
Bd du Jardin Botanique, 20
E contact form
T 02 204 25 00
Mondays through Thursdays from 9 am to 12 pm
On Wednesday from 1:30 pm to 4:30 pm