Tourist accommodation

To run a hotel, offer a tourist accommodation or simply a room in your own home through Airbnb, or another booking website, you must be registered with Brussels Economy and Employment and meet certain conditions.
If your accommodation is located in the Brussels Capital Region and if you offer stays from one night up to ninety days, you must follow the regulations whatever the purpose of the stay.
You must: 
  • submit a declaration dossier prior to starting up;
  • meet certain conditions.

The benefits? Once your file is complete and has been validated, Brussels Economy and Employment will allocate you a registration number. You receive a logo, which is to be displayed near the entrance to your accommodation, and you can use certain terms.

It is only when your accommodation has been registered that you can start to run it. Every tourist accommodation situated in the Brussels Capital Region must be registered.

icône assistant

Would you like to run a tourist accommodation?

Use our online tool to find your way around the obligations corresponding to your situation.

Contact Contact

Bruxelles Economie et Emploi
Economy Department
Bd du Jardin Botanique, 20
1035 Bruxelles
E contact form

Phone Permanence
T 02 204 25 00
Mondays through Thursdays from 9 am to 12 pm
On Wednesday from 1:30 pm to 4:30 pm