wizard iconType-A, -B or -C Work Permit

Start of the wizard

Which type of work permit has to be applied for?

The worker is not exempt from a work permit? This tool will show you, in a few clicks, if you need to apply for a type-A, -B or -C work permit and directs you towards the documents you have to send to Brussels Economy and Employment.


This tool is offered for informative purposes. The provided information is of a general nature. They concern the most common cases.
If you decide to apply for a work permit at Brussels Economy and Employment or if you get controlled, Brussels Economy and Employment's decision only, in accordance with the laws in force, shall prevail.
  • These regulations, and thus this tool, only apply to salaried workers or employees.
  • This tool does not apply to the European blue card.
  • A work permit loses its validity if the worker does not have a valid right of residence (any more). 
For additional explanations, please consult the website. Contact Brussels Economy and Employment if necessary.